IELTS THƯ ĐẶNG- TRUNG TÂM LUYỆN THI IELTS UY TÍN, CHẤT LƯỢNG TẠI HÀ NỘI
Tham khảo các bài liên quan:
>>> Kinh nghiệm luyện thi IELTS
>>> Cập nhật đề thi IELTS
>>> Hướng dẫn làm bài thi IELTS
>>> Tài liệu luyện thi IELTS
IELTS Speaking: Town and City
Part 1-style questions
Examiner: What is it like where you live?
Christiane: I live in a residential area of a busy town in the south of Spain … we have all the facilities you need … good public transport … a good shopping centre … it’s nice …
Examiner: Do you like living in the city?
Andrea: Yes I do … I like going out with my friends and there are lots of lively bars and restaurants within walking distance of my apartment … I’m a bit of a culture vulture as well so it’s great to have access to art exhibitions and that kind of thing …
Examiner: Do you get many tourists visiting your area?
Mandy: Not really no … I live in the inner-city and the area is a little run down … it’s basically a lot of high-rise flats and many of the shops are boarded up … so nothing to interest tourists really …
Part 2-style task
Describe an interesting town or city in your country that visitors might enjoy. You should say
- what the place is called
- where the place is
- what the facilities are like
and say why visitors might enjoy going there.
Monique: Anyone who comes to my country really should spend some time in Barcelona … it’s a beautiful place … it’s not what you would call a sprawling city … it’s quite compact really and you could walk across the city in a couple of hours … but there’s no need to do that as we have a fantastic public transport system so it’s easy to get around … there are various districts all with their own character … you have the upmarket shops in the centre … you’ll find lots of chain stores you’ll recognise from your own country but also local brands as well … we have the narrow streets in the Gothic district with lots of fashionable boutiques and tourist attractions … there’s the Olympic area and the beaches along the coast … and dotted around the city are some lovelypublic spaces … parks and squares in the city centre and on the outskirts of Barcelona where people relax with their friends and family … and of course pavement cafes everywhere … all that and some great historical places of interest … so a great destination for tourists …
Part 3-style questions
Examiner: What are the advantages of living in a city or big town?
Carrie: I think it’s having access to local facilities really … local shops as well as access to largershopping malls in the city centre … and if you’re well-off you can afford to live in the suburbsaway from the busy traffic …
Examiner: In your experience are city centres usually attractive places?
Mary: Some can be yes … especially those with a historical interest … but sometimes they’re full of ugly office blocks … multi-story car parks … and residents living in poor housing … it depends on the city doesn’t it?
Examiner: What are some of the challenges facing towns and cities?
Penny: I suppose traffic congestion is a major problem … and the growth in out-of-town supermarkets and retail parks mean lots of town centre shops are closing down … plus a shortage of good quality housing … I think these are the major challenges …
- boarded up shops: shops bỏ trống, không còn hoạt động
- chain stores: chuỗi cửa hàng của những thương hiệu nổi tiếng
- to close down: ngừng hoạt động
- fashionable boutiques: cửa hàng thời trang
- to get around: đi dạo, đi vòng quanh
- high-rise flats: tòa nhà cao tầng
- inner-city: trung tâm thành phố nơi có điều kiện sống thiếu thốn
- in the suburbs: ngoại ô
- lively bars/restaurants: nhà hàng, quán bar sôi động
- local facilities: cơ sở vật chất công cộng
- multi-story car parks: bãi đỗ xe có nhiều tầng
- office block: tòa nhà văn phòng
- out of town shopping centre/retail park: trung tâm mua sắm lớn nằm ngoài thành phố
- pavement cafe: cà phê vỉa hè
- places of interest: địa điểm thu hút khách đến thăm quan
- poor housing: khu ở có điều kiện thấp
- public spaces: khu vực trong thành phố mở cửa công cộng
- public transport system: hệ thống giao thông công cộng
- residential area: khu dân cư
- run down: trong điều kiện tồi tàn, xuống cấp
- shopping centre: nơi tập trung nhiều cửa hàng
- shopping malls: trung tâm mua sắm trong nhà
- sprawling city: thành phố phát triển, trải rộng, rực rỡ
- tourist attraction: địa điểm thu hút khách du lịch
- traffic congestion: tắc nghẽn giao thông
- upmarket shops: những cửa hàng cao cấp, đắt tiền
IELTS THƯ ĐẶNG CHÚC CÁC BẠN HỌC TỐT!
>>> Link tham khảo thông tin khóa học http://bit.ly/2po0G5t
>>> Link thành tích học viên : http://bit.ly/2xrxm2h